Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nikon 70-200mm VR 2.8 lens

Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR Lens

I use this lens more than any other lens in my case. It's a dream come true. It's expensive about $1800 - $1900. This lens is one of Nikon's Magic Trio. You will find this Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 along with the Nikon 24-70mm F2.8 and the Nikon 14-24mm F2.8 in every pro's bag. If you can afford it, it's a wonderful piece of glass. This lens is fantastic for outdoor portraits, sports and other event photography. It's the best lens in it's class.


Here's a link to a few shots I've taken with the Nikon 70-200mm
If you have never taken pictures with a f/2.8 lens you will be absolutely amazed at the quality of the pictures this lens produces. Be careful, if you purchase this lens you could become addicted to it. It's that good! This lens will work on all Nikon DSLR cameras like the D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D80, D90, D300, D700 and so on. It's a super tough lens that's weather sealed and super reliable. It will most likely last though many camera upgrades. It's a pro lens that's extremely well built and tough enough for war corespondents.

I've read a lot of reviews and read a lot about peoples experience using this lens. It's hand down the best 70-200mm lens you can buy for your Nikon. Some people have a hard time stomaching the price and start considering the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 or Tamron 70-200mm 2.8. I don't like to take chances with my equipment so I waited until I could buy the best lens available.

Buy it from B&H photo. I've shopped around for gear before and spent hours trying to save a few dollars. I don't know why, but there are a lot of crappy companies selling photo equipment on the web. Some are notorious for bait and switch scams and they switch company names every 6 months or so. Let me, save you a little trouble. bhphoto.com is the best company to buy from. They have good prices and are quick to resolve issues. I order something from these guys at least once a month.

Even if you don't end up buying from bhphoto.com. DO NOT buy from anyone that has a price to good to be true. If you do you may never get your product.

Buy it from B&H photo here:
Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF VR Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G-AFS ED-IF

Try it out first by renting it from borrowlenses.com
Nikon 70-200mm VR F/2.8 at borrowlenses.com


If you need a little more reach consider getting a 1.4x Teleconverter. The Nikon 1.4x Teleconverter gets 5 stars from reviewers on bhphoto.com. I love mine as well. I bought the import version and saved $90. This neat tool turns your lens into a 98mm-280mm F/4 lens.

Here's the import version at bhphoto.com

Nikon TC-14E 1.4x II Teleconverter for D-AF-S & AF-I Lenses

4 comments:

  1. I agree: it is a fantastic lens.. the 99% of the images I have post in my site under the "Artisti di strada" series are done with the 70-200 2.8 VR...
    I am addicted to it!!! :-)
    Best wish.

    fotoquid
    http://www.fotoquid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOTOGRAFOperPASSIONE,
    Great work and nice site!
    Brenda Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to sell a vintage BMW motorcycle to git this lens! Wife was wild. I thought way too much money. Now worth every penny then some. I shoot Great Lakes surfing photos. It's just what I need. VR is to die for, and 2.8 makes it better. Real heavy but best construction ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went for a cheaper option with the Nikon 80-200mm f2.8. Great lens but no VR, thought I was being clever but just sold that lens and now getting the 70-200mm 2.8 VR

    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete