Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SanDisk Extreme III 30MB/s 4GB CF (Compact Flash) Memory Card

SanDisk cards are my favorite brand of memory cards. This card in particular has the prefect balance of price, space and speed for my use. All SanDisk products are first class. I personally only use the Extreme III or Extreme IV cards. I need the speed when a client is waiting to view their photos.

4GB seems just about perfect when shooting with my Nikon D300 digital SLR in jpeg fine mode. I can get 600+ photos on a card. I could use a bigger card but I don't like having all my eggs in one basket. I've never encountered any problems with my SanDisk cards. I have thrown away cards from other manufactures. Once I notice a problem with a card I usually throw it away as soon as I have gotten the pictures off of it. I don't like taking chances with a problematic card. It's important to have a fast card reader to go along with a fast SD or CF card. If you don't have a fast card reader you will not notice any difference when downloading from a high speed card.

Here's a link to a inexpensive ($12.00), reliable and fast hi-speed USB card reader. It reads CF, SD and more. I own 3 of these. This is the best CF SD card reader I've used.
Delkin Devices eFilm Reader-38 Card Reader/Writer

There's not a lot to say about CF cards if they do their job and they are fast enough for your needs. SanDisk products are both fast and reliable. It gets a five star reviews on the B&H site.

You will not notice the extra speed on the SanDisk Extreme IV cards unless you are using a good Firewire 800 card reader. If you are using the USB port on you computer to download photos buy the Extreme III card.

Buy more than one card, you can always use multiple cards. I keep six CF cards in my bag.

I highly recommend the SanDisk III and SanDisk IV line of memory cards.
View all SanDisk III Cards at B&H photo

View all Sandisk IV Cards at B&H photo

Buy the SanDisk Extreme III 30MB/s 4GB CF from B&H photo

No comments:

Post a Comment